X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop CS6 beta is out and free

The beta is free for now, not sure if it is time loccked. They changed the UI a bit.

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/photoshopcs6.html

Note:*You do not need a serial number to install and use the beta. Simply select "Try. I want to try Adobe Photoshop CS6 for a limited time." in the Welcome Screen when you start the installation process

So it is a limited time that you can try

Comment

Originally posted by solisti View Post
      Note:*You do not need a serial number to install and use the beta. Simply select "Try. I want to try Adobe Photoshop CS6 for a limited time." in the Welcome Screen when you start the installation process

So it is a limited time that you can try
      Have anybody some experience of CS6...I feel that sometimes change of last number is not worth of.

Jukka

Comment

I am thinking of trying out Premiere CS6.
        Jonathan Bird's Blue World on Public Television

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan Bird View Post
          I am thinking of trying out Premiere CS6.
          I recommend you to have a test with it first ( with somebody who have CS 5 or 6 ), before you make an investment...I have it and starting from capture it is totally different than FCS...I do not like Premiere...bad experiences.

Jukka

Comment

Word is, if there is a Mac Pro, it comes out next week. Otherwise, it is dead. PC vendors are preparing for a big push in the Media Market. Without a new Mac Pro, a lot of editing shops will be giving up their beloved macs.

Without a Mac Pro, what will you run Premier on? Especially if you move cameras to 4k?

Comment

Originally posted by tkelly View Post
              Word is, if there is a Mac Pro, it comes out next week. Otherwise, it is dead. PC vendors are preparing for a big push in the Media Market. Without a new Mac Pro, a lot of editing shops will be giving up their beloved macs.

Without a Mac Pro, what will you run Premier on? Especially if you move cameras to 4k?
              Todd, are you running premier?

Jukka

Comment

The thing is, a lot of people have already switched to high-end iMacs as editing consoles. I was thinking about adding another editing "suite" to Blue World with a 27" iMac. They have thunderbolt, which BlackMagic and lots of other vendors use to support broadcast monitoring/capture. At some point you have to ask yourself if the big giant box under the table is necessary. The Mac Pro gives a ton of memory slots, internal space for 4 drives and expansion ports for video cards, but none of these things are really needed anymore for an editing suite. The only thing you really want in the giant box is the 8 core processors. However, I do not find that the software very efficiently uses all those cores. My 8 core Mac pro is not significantly faster than my 4 core iMac.

Jonathan
                Jonathan Bird's Blue World on Public Television

Comment

I think that there have been target to create some kind of iMac system, but this system is not just black and white...more power means more need of cooling and more bytes to move faster to outside terminals (hard disks, panels, power source, etc).

On the other hand you can place 2 super macbook pro inside to 27 iMac. To get out everything from 8 core system needs also writing/reading speed and today that is either RAID or SSD-disks or both.

I feel myself that iMac is not ready to best available combination yet...that we will hear next week.

Jukka

Comment

Originally posted by sorvju-f View Post
                    I think that there have been target to create some kind of iMac system, but this system is not just black and white...more power means more need of cooling and more bytes to move faster to outside terminals (hard disks, panels, power source, etc).

On the other hand you can place 2 super macbook pro inside to 27 iMac. To get out everything from 8 core system needs also writing/reading speed and today that is either RAID or SSD-disks or both.

I feel myself that iMac is not ready to best available combination yet...that we will hear next week.

Jukka
                    Ush...there was nothing about MacPro or IMac lines during Apple WWDC.

Macbook pro 15" got retina display and it will be 1/4 inch thinner.

Jukka

Comment

Thre is article about using Photoshop CS6:

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/064...-photographers

I feel it is worth of skip this upgrade...nothing really to me.

Jukka

Comment

Working...
                      X